Today's top News : 8th nov. 2021
आज की न्यूज़ में आप पढ़ेंगे कि दूध की मलाई हमारे जीवन में कितनी फायदेमंद है तिरुपति बालाजी के दर्शन करने क्यों आवश्यक है और सोलर वाटर हीटर कैसे काम करता है? इसके साथ-साथ आप भारत के सभी प्रदेशों की जानकारी भी पाएंगे और अपना इंग्लिश में ज्ञान वर्धन करेंगे।
t4unews: As per Today's top News : 8th Nov. 2021
1. Over 108 crore 21 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses administered so far; Recovery rate reaches 98.24 %
2. IRCTC depart its first train on the Ramayana Circuit; will cover prominent places associated with Lord Rama – First train departured on the ‘Ramayana Circuit’ from Delhi’s Safdarjung railway station. The 17 days tour will cover many prominent locations including Ayodhya, Sitamarhi & Chitrakoot, associated with the life of Lord Ram.
3. At post-Covid national executive meeting, BJP discusses expansion across states: BJP Sunday set fresh targets for its expansion in states where it is yet to emerge as an alternative and in poll-bound states. The party said it will set up booth committees in all 10,40,000 polling booths, deploy panna pramukhs (voter list in-charges) in them and will institutionalise Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Mann Ki Baat in every booth in the next six months.
4. Centre has released 17,000 crore rupees as GST Compensation to States and Union Territories. Finance Ministry said, the total amount of compensation released to the States and UTs so far during the current financial year is 60,000 crore rupees. As per the decision of GST Council, back to back loan of one lakh 59,000 crore rupees has already been released in lieu of shortfall in release of GST Compensation during the current financial year.
5. HARYANA : Govt has notified the State Employment of Local Candidates Act, 2020, which will come into force from January 15, next year. The Act was passed on March 2 this year to provide 75 per cent reservation to the local youth in employment in the private sector.
6. In a statement, CM Manohar Lal Khattar said, the upper limit of gross monthly salary under the Act has been reduced from 50,000 rupees to 30,000 rupees. The Act will be applicable to employers of private sector companies, societies, trusts, limited liability partnership firms, partnership firms and any person who employs 10 or more persons on salary, wages, or other remuneration for the purpose of manufacturing, carrying on business, or rendering any service in Haryana.
7. India’s longest drone flight conducted in Haryana for Hindustan Petroleum. A robotics and drone company Omnipresent Robot Technologies has claimed that it has conducted the longest drone flight of 51 km in India to survey the pipeline of the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in Haryana.
8. THE KERALA Govt is in the process of preparing a database of all adults over the age of 30 for early detection and treatment of lifestyle diseases, state Health Minister Veena George announced
9. MAHARASHTRA : PM Modi will lay the foundation stone for four laning of five sections of Shri Sant Dnyaneshawar Maharaj Palkhi Marg NH-965 and three sections of Shri Sant Tukaram Maharaj Palkhi Marg NH-965G today (08 Nov) at 3:30 PM through video conferencing. Dedicated walkways for Palkhi will be constructed on either side of these National Highways, providing hassle-free and safe passage to devotees.
10. About 221 kilometres of Sant Dnyaneshwar Maharaj Palkhi Marg from Diveghat to Mohol and about 130 kilometres of Sant Tukaram Maharaj Palkhi Marg from Patas to Tondale – Bondale, will be four-laned with dedicated walkways for ‘Palkhi’ on either side, at estimated costs of more than 6 thousand 690 crore rupees and about 4 thousand 400 crore rupees.
11. CRUISE DRUG CASE: In a sensational twist in Aryan Khan’s drug case, NCP leader and Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik has claimed that Shah Rukh Khan’s son did not purchase the ticket for the party at Cordelia Cruise ship and Calling it “a matter of kidnapping and ransom”, Malik said that it was Pratik Gaba and Amir Furniturewala who brought him there and called Mohit Kamboj the mastermind and partner of Sameer Wankhede in demanding ransom.
12. The Bombay high court (HC) permitted Dnyandev Wankhede, father of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) zonal director Sameer Wankhede, to file a ₹1.25 crore defamation suit against Maharashtra minister and Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik for posting what he termed as “derogatory comments on social media.
13. The vacation bench of the Bombay high court on Sunday granted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) custody of former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh till November 12 in the money laundering case.
14. PUNJAB : Days after the Centre reduced excise duty on fuel, the government in Punjab on Sunday lowered the VAT on petrol and diesel making them cheaper by Rs 10 per litre and Rs 5 per litre in the state. The new rates will be effective from 07 Nov midnight. Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi made the announcement.
15. TAMIL NADU : Chennai and its suburbs and adjoining districts Kancheepuram and Chengalpattu received heavy rains on Saturday (November 6). The India Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rains in Tamil Nadu in the coming days.
16. TRIPURA police booked at least 102 social media account holders, including 68 Twitter handles, under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) along with other charges for posting allegedly distorted news regarding communal violence in the state and also sent letters to the social media platforms to block them.
17. TELANGANA CM K Chandrasekhar Rao has demanded the Centre to withdraw cesses on Petrol and Diesel levied during the past 7 years.
18. UTTAR PRADESH: 10 more people test positive for Zika virusin Kanpur, even as the first case of the virus was reported from neighbouring Kannauj district, taking the total number of confirmed infections in Uttar Pradesh to 90.
19. Mukesh Ambani not moving to London or anywhere else, says Reliance after buying James Bond mansion for Rs 600 crore. Terming the newspaper report as ‘unwarranted and baseless speculation’, Reliance Industries has said that Mukesh Ambani has no plan to relocate to London ‘or anywhere else in the world.’
20. On this day in 2016 : The demonetisation of high-denomination currency notes on November 8, 2016, created a nightmare for citizens that lasted several months. Long queues formed outside the banks and ATMs to obtain swap denotified currency notes for new ones so that life could continue. This situation persisted even beyond December 30, 2016, the last day for depositing old notes. Economic activity was severely dented for months.
Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan was called to the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) office for questioning on Sunday in drugs-on-cruise case, However, he skipped the summons due to ill-health.
2. Bollywood Big-B Amitabh Bachchan on 07 Nov, marked 52 years since his debut in cinema by sharing some fond memories of his first film with his fans. Saat Hindustani released on November 7 in 1969.
3. BIRTHDAY : Singer Usha Uthup ( 7 November 1947) is an Indian pop, filmi, jazz, and playback singer who sang songs in the late 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
Darling, which she recorded with Rekha Bhardwaj for the film 7 Khoon Maaf, won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer in 2012.
4. Cancer survivor actress Manisha Koirala took to Instagram and shared a post to talk about the ‘arduous journey of cancer treatment’ on National Cancer Awareness Day. The actor shared pictures from the time she was undergoing treatment and paid her respects to those who succumbed to the battle.
1. France to help India in advanced military technologies: France has emphasized partnership with India as a major pillar of its Indo Pacific strategy. It has stressed upon its continuing commitment to the Indo Pacific region as a resident power. This was highlighted during National Security Advisor Ajit Doval’s visit to Paris for the annual India-France Strategic Dialogue. During the visit. Mr Doval met French Defence Minister Florence Parly.
2. India has convened a high-level meeting of regional countries over the situation in Afghanistan on 10th November. The meeting called the Regional Security Dialogue on Afghanistan will be held in New Delhi. The NSA level meeting will be chaired by NSA Ajit Doval. The National Security Advisors of India, Russia, Iran and central Asian countries will be attending the conference. India has also invited Pakistan and China for the meeting. However, there has been no official response yet from the two nations
3. Minister of State for External Affairs Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh on two-day official visit to New York from 08 Nov. During the visit, Dr Singh will attend a High-Level Open Debate of the UN Security Council on ‘Exclusion, Inequality and Conflict’ under the agenda item of ‘Maintenance of International Peace and Security to be convened by the Mexican Presidency of the UNSC on 09 Nov. The event will be chaired by the President of Mexico.
4. The marine commandos of Pakistan fired upon the Indian fishing boat, ‘Jalpari’, near the coast of Gujarat on 07 Nov. One Indian fisherman was killed in the incident, while six others were captured by the Pakistani forces. The incident took place when Indian fishermen were fishing in Indian waters near Okha town in Gujarat’s Dwarka.
5. Six leaders of the banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) terror outfit, founded by Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) chief and 26/11 Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed, were acquitted by a Pakistan court on 06 Nov in a terror-financing case.
6. Bahrain has relaxed quarantine measures for vaccinated Indian travellers. Passengers travelling from India to Bahrain with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued in India will be exempted from mandatory 10 days of quarantine.
7. China is strengthening connectivity and increasing its depth in Chumbi valley in the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR), close to India’s strategic and vulnerable Siliguri corridor, also called Chicken’s neck, High resolution satellite images that came out last year had shown China building roads along the Torsa river area through Bhutanese territory. According to official sources.
1. Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi chaired a security meeting on Sunday after a failed assassination attempt at his residence. Security forces intercepted and downed two of the drones but the third hit the prime minister’s residence. Six individuals on al-Kadhimi’s personal protection team were injured in the attempted assassination.
2. Non-Muslims will be allowed to marry, divorce and get joint child custody under civil law in Abu Dhabi according to a new decree issued on Sunday by its ruler. It is the latest step in the United Arab Emirates – where personal status laws on marriage and divorce had been based on Islamic sharia principles, as in other Gulf states – to maintain its competitive edge as a regional commercial hub.
3. The Taliban has ordered the taxi drivers of the eastern Nangarhar province not to transport any other gunmen other than the ones who are the Taliban affiliates. The statement has further asked the people of the province to inform the authorities upon seeing any suspected gunmen in the taxis.
4. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in its latest report said that at least 460 children were killed due to relentless violence in the first six months of the current year 2021 in Afghanistan.
5. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and his fiancee Stella Moris filed a lawsuit against UK Justice Secretary Dominic Raab and the head of Belmarsh prison, where the whistleblower is currently held, for preventing their marriage. Assange and Moris have been engaged for five years and have two children together. They have asked for assistance in arranging the marriage in May, when the whistleblower was already in jail awaiting extradition appeal trial.
6. The US Navy has launched a ship named after a gay rights activist forced to resign from the service because of his sexuality in the 1950s. The USNS Harvey Milk was launched in San Diego on Saturday in a service attended by Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro and Milk’s nephew, Stuart. It is one of six new ships to be named after famed US civil rights leaders.
7. Chicago-based tech company Meta Company alleged that “Facebook stole our name and livelihood” after the social media firm rebranded last week. In a statement company founder Nate Skulic said “On October 28th, 2021, Facebook decided to commit trademark infringement and call themselves ‘Meta’.
8. A live trademark was filed for Meta Company in 2016 that lists the registrant owner at Chicago, Illinois. However there is a 2015 trademark listed for Meta with the owner listed as the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, an organization established by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan.
9. In Sierra Leone, at least 99 people have been killed following a massive explosion when a fuel tanker collided with a lorry in its capital, Freetown. Fuel spilled before igniting and the resulting inferno engulfed bystanders and vehicles at a busy junction. Footage broadcast by local media outlets showed badly charred bodies in the streets surrounding the tanker. Some 92 people are being treated in hospitals and health centers around Freetown
10. WhatsApp Web allows sending, receiving messages without connecting a phone. WhatsApp Web has rolled out a feature that allows sending and receiving messages without keeping a smartphone with WhatsApp active. The feature, labelled still in ‘Beta’, also allows using WhatsApp on up to four devices at the same time.
ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2021
1. New Zealand vs Afghanistan ,
Super 12 Group 2
New Zealand won by 8 wkts
AFG - 124/8 (20)
NZ - 125/2 (18.1)
Player of the Match
2. Pakistan vs Scotland , 41st Match, Super 12 Group 2
Pakistan won by 72 runs
PAK – 189/4 (20)
SCO – 117/6 (20)
Player of the Match
3. Nov 08, Mon
India vs Namibia
42nd Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
3. England’s Liam Livingstone hit a massive 112m six at the Sharjah Cricket Ground against South Africa. England lost to South Africa by 10 runs to lose their first game of the tournament.
4. Pakistan’s opener Mohammad Rizwan broke West Indian Chris Gayle’s record for most Twenty20 runs in a calendar year during the World Cup match against Scotland in Sharjah on Sunday. When Rizwan scored five he overhauled Gayle’s 1,165 runs amassed in 2015 in 36 matches.
5. President’s Cup shooting championship: Manu Bhaker in partnership with Olympic champion Javad Foroughi of Iran won the mixed air pistol gold in the President’s Cup shooting championship in Wroclaw, Poland. The Indo-Iranian team beat Mathilde Lamolle of France and Artem Chernousov of Russia 16-8 in the match for the gold.
USD 74.19 ????GBP 100.14
Bihar : Patna
????Gold ₹49,[email protected] gm 24 (Krt)
???? Silver ₹64,[email protected] Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 106.26
⛽ Diesel ₹ 91.43
LPG : ₹ 998/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 60,067.62
NIFTY : 17,916.80
FACTS ABOUT INDIA
Bihar was known as Magadha in ancient times. It was a center of power, learning and culture. The Maurya empire as well as one of the world’s greatest pacifist religions, Buddhism, arose from Magadha.
Legend ascribes the origin of Patna to the mythological King Putraka who created Patna by magic for his queen Patali, literally “trumpet flower”, which gives it its ancient name Pataligrama. It is said that in honour of the queen’s first-born, the city was named Pataliputra.
Afterwards, Sher Shah Suri made Pataliputra his capital and changed the name to modern Patna.
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Everyday is an opportunity of new life.
❓ WHY ❓❓
Why should one not sleep under the trees at night.
During the day, in presence of sunlight, the plants use up the CO2 and release O2 in the process of photosynthesis. But during night, plants won’t perform photosynthesis so they are unable to use the CO2 and this further leads to increase in the proportion of CO2 in the air. During night the trees breathe in oxygen and release CO2. If one sleeps under the trees, the amount of increased CO2 in the air around will certainly affect the health. So it is inadvisable to sleep under trees during night.
HOW IT WORKS ⁉
Working of a Solar Water Heater
The solar water heater absorbs light by means of a collector placed on the roof and converts it into heat. It passes this heat to a water tank by means of a circulating pump. This exchange is triggered by the thermal regulator, but only when the collector is hotter than the water in the tank. This prevents the circulating pumps using electricity needlessly. Conversely, it also prevents overheating.
Solar hot water systems are capable of heating a pool anywhere from as little as 4 °C for a wind-exposed pool, to as much as 10 °C for a wind-sheltered pool covered consistently with a solar pool blanket.
Planet near to Sun … Mercury & Coldest planet ………… Neptune
Lal Krishna Advani (born 8 November 1927) is an Indian politician who served as the 7th Deputy Prime Minister of India from 2002 to 2004 under Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He is one of the co-founders and a senior leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Advani also served as Minister of Home Affairs in the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance government from 1998 to 2004.
In 2015 he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian honor.
IDIOMS & PHRASES
Light at the end of tunnel
Meaning : Seeing signs of improvement in the future
Example: I see the light at the end of the tunnel for my relationship with her.
Lord Venkateswara(Balaji): According to sources Lord Balaji’s idol wears a white mark that is so huge to cover the eyes. Thus, the devotees can see only a small part of the Lord’s eyes while the rest is covered. There is a significant reason why this is the procedure in the temple. Meanwhile the devotees cannot just withstand the powerful radiation emanating from the eyes of the Lord, the eyes are covered on most days excepting on Thursdays when the size of the white mark is relatively smaller enabling the devotees glimpse at the Lord’s eyes to an extent.
HEALTH CARE : HOME REMEDIES
Malai (Milk Cream) works as a natural exfoliator and helps in eliminating the dead skin cells. For a nourished and vitalized skin, you can mix milk cream with oatmeal or breadcrumbs and rub it on your skin. Do so on all the parts of your skin that may have dead skin cell accumulation like elbow, neck, knee, leg and arm.
Download smart Think4unity app